Well today I’m here to tell you about some new offerings from I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and share a favorite family recipe for the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Toast Ambassador contest! Fun!
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® recently introduced two delicious new products – Whipped & Creamy Taste and Spray Made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil – that we can’t wait for you to try.
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spray Made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil is great for roasting chicken and vegetables. It’s the only spray made with extra virgin olive oil – 0 calories, 0g fat and 0g trans fat per serving
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Whipped and creamy taste has 78% less saturated fat and 50% fewer calories than butter per serving
My husband has gotten me into the bad habit of using real butter on everything. I won’t pretend it’s not delicious, but it really isn’t good for me. Besides that, it’s a pain in the butt to break out a solid cube of cold butter to put on a soft piece of bread or toast. I loved the Whipped & Creamy straight out of the fridge and it tasted just as good as the “real” stuff (just easier to manage and healthier for me!). It’s a win win.
Grilled Pizza Sandwich’s
I was invited to create a toasted recipe with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and enter it into a National blogger contest with the winner being declared the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Toast Ambassador! Since it involves a trip to New York for the finalists, I figured I would give it a shot!
My family camps. A LOT. And I’m always trying to find cheap, delicious and easily portable recipes to take with us on our trips. Last year we went to the Grand Canyon and I had the brilliant idea of trying to make pizza’s over the campfire. We have these really cool campfire cookers that are really handy to have. You can make a whole variety of sandwich’s and other toasted items in them over your fire.
Generally we had just been making grilled turkey and cheese, or plain grilled cheese sandwich’s but I wanted to spruce it up and try something different. I brought along sliced mozzarella, some squeeze pizza sauce and sliced pepperoni’s. Instant campfire pizza!
Here is my recipe!
- Sliced bread. Any really will do, but I find I like a good Italian or Sourdough bread for my pizza sandwich’s.
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter spread (Original or Whipped and Creamy)
- Sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Pizza sauce (I find the Contadina squeeze bottle is really easy to use and take with you)
- Pizza toppings! I use pepperoni, but this would be really great with any pizza topping: sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers! The combos are endless
Butter the outside of two pieces of bread. On the inside of the sandwich, squirt some pizza sauce and put a slice of cheese (or two!). Fill with any of your choice toppings. Put the two pieces of bread together, butter side out and cook!
Now, I didn’t go camping this week, so I couldn’t show you my campfire version. But you would put your sandwich in the campfire cooker and place in an open fire until toasted.
At home, grill over medium heat until toasted on each side. Just as you would a regular ole’ boring grilled cheese sandwich.
The kids LOVE these! They are so easy and fun. When I make them at home, it really brings back memories of our fun Grand Canyon vacation.